Souper Bowl of Caring is celebrating 30 years of caring and we invite you to celebrate with us! With over a million people in the Houston area being food insecure, our efforts are always in need of growth.
Since beginning in 1990, the Souper Bowl of Caring has been the catalyst for volunteer groups who have collected more than $153 million in cash and food across the country to date. 100% of all donations from these groups go directly to community food banks, soup kitchens or other charities that our participants choose. Over 100,000 youth and 6,000 groups participated last year, collecting donations big and small to support their local food charities.
In honor of our 30th anniversary, Souper Bowl of Caring will host its 6th Annual Tackle Hunger Texas Luncheon at The Junior League of Houston on Wednesday, January 29, 2020 from 11:15am to 1:00pm.
• The Texas Souper Star Award will be presented to Connie Yates, former Public Affairs Director at Randalls for her long-term vision and support of the entire Texas food retail and media partnerships.
• The Texas Outstanding Youth Souper Star Award will be presented to Jack and Jill Chapters Across Texas for their trailblazing use of the Souper Bowl of Caring campaign in Texas, and for helping to spread the movement to all Jack and Jill Chapters in the nation.
• The Keynote Speaker will be Jim "Mattress Mack" McIngvale, from Gallery Furniture, who will speak to us about his experience helping the Houston community flourish.
• Rev. Dr. Bradley Smith, Founder and Chair Emeritus of the Souper Bowl of Caring, will share the organization's history from the prayer he uttered in 1989 until now with over 2 million youth involved and $153 million donated.
• We will recognize food bank, media, and food retail partners in the Houston area who help make our campaign successful each year.
We invite you to play a crucial role in tackling hunger by participating in this anniversary event as a sponsor. Sponsorships may be purchased for $25,000, $10,000, $5,000 and $2,500. Proceeds from this event, will help Souper Bowl of Caring continue sharing its vision of transforming the Big Game into a nation-wide movement; inspiring people to give locally and make a collective impact on hunger. (you may go to the sponsorship website here: https://bit.ly/2CscbPK)
We thank you in advance for your consideration. Please feel free to contact the Souper Bowl of Caring Executive Director, Alison Reese at 1-800-358-7687 ext. 702 or via email at Alison.firstname.lastname@example.org. We know through our efforts, the Souper Bowl of Caring staff can focus on the organization's mission of using the Big Game's energy to empower youth and unite communities to tackle hunger.
John and Shirley Meredith
2019 Tackle Hunger Texas Event Chairs
About The 30th Anniversary Tackle Hunger Texas Luncheon!
Event Sponsorship Packages AvailablePosted Oct 17th 2017 1:30pmOne way you can help make this event successful is by becoming an official sponsor!...
Souper Bowl of Caring Helped Change The GamePosted Feb 8th 2017 4:12pmLast weekend, as the Big Game was being played in Houston, thousands of people came together to make a difference in their community. Reports are still being tallied, and over $6.3 million in cash and food items has already been reported. Thanks to you, the Souper Bowl of Caring movement continues to #ChangeTheGame....
The LYAB Experience: Brady Reflects on his Year of ServicePosted Aug 25th 2016 8:52amRead Brady's favorite memories as an LYAB member, and why he is passionate about growing Souper Bowl of Caring.
Is Your Team Ready? Here is a video that can help motivate them!Posted Dec 4th 2019 6:22pm by Alison Reese
About The 30th Anniversary Tackle Hunger Texas Luncheon!Posted Dec 3rd 2019 2:30pm by Alison Reese
Celebrate 30 Years with Souper Bowl of Caring! We need YOU on our TEAM: Youth, Schools, Churches, Businesses and FOOD RETAILERS Across the Country!Posted Oct 8th 2019 12:31pm by Alison Reese
Girl Scouts Learn about Hunger with Souper Bowl of CaringPosted Sep 11th 2019 1:16pm by Alison Reese
It's Time to Register Your Team to #tacklehunger in 2020!Posted Sep 5th 2019 11:46am by Alison Reese
2019-2020 Texas Youth Advisory Board Applications Available Now!Posted Aug 21st 2019 10:31am by Alison Reese
2018-2019 Annual Community Report AvailablePosted Jul 25th 2019 3:50pm by Alison Reese
Souper Bowl of Caring - Our ImpactPosted May 14th 2019 3:32pm by Alison Reese
IT'S DRAFT DAY!Posted Apr 25th 2019 10:20am by Cristina Barbe
Columbia SC Annual Tackle Hunger LuncheonPosted Apr 16th 2019 10:21am by Alison Reese