Searching for tag:
- Posted Apr 22nd 2015 8am by Melissa DaigneaultTo promote our 2015-2016 National Youth Advisory Board applications that we are currently accepting, we thought it would be fun to see what our past members are up to now! This week features, Summer Dowd-Lukesh, who served on our first and second [National Youth Advisory Boards] and is about to continue serving the community by joining the Teach for America team.
- Posted Apr 15th 2015 8am by Melissa DaigneaultTo promote our 2015-2016 National Youth Advisory Board applications that we are currently accepting, we thought it would be fun to see what our past members are up to now in a new article series: #NYAB: Where are they now?
- Posted Apr 12th 2015 12pm by Melissa Daigneault
- Posted Feb 13th 2015 11:01am by Melissa Daigneault
- Posted Oct 11th 2014 1:48pm by Jamie Ratliff
- Posted Sep 12th 2014 5:09pm by Melissa DaigneaultWe are excited to announce we have selected 14 high school students from across the United States to join our National Youth Advisory Board. These students are high school sophomores, juniors and seniors who make a yearlong commitment to fight hunger and poverty in our nation. They will act as ambassadors for the Souper Bowl of Caring in their communities and help us generate new ideas for tackling hunger. Read more...
- Posted Jul 22nd 2014 4:30pm by Melissa DaigneaultAfter a year on hiatus as we relocated our headquarters, we are excited to announce that the applications for the 2014-2015 National Youth Advisory Board are now available!
- Posted Nov 15th 2013 9:42am by Melissa DaigneaultMaria "Rose" Belding and Tariro Makoni are what we would call some "souper" high school students! Working together as hunger advocates from Iowa and North Dakota, they have created Fighting for Food: A Guide to Running Successful Food Drives in High Schools. After noticing that food drives are conducted in schools across the country different times each year, Belding and Makoni created this guide as a tool to help schools make a larger impact. After many trials, the two found many models that encourage student donations. In the guide, they explain incentives, generating publicity and managing donations. Read more...
25th anniversaryactivistsambassadorambassadorsarizonaarlingtonaustinbake salebay areabig gamebiggivehoustonblessings in a backpackblogbrown paper bagcancatholicchallenegechallengecharitieschildrenchurchchurchesclasscollectioncollectionscolumbiacommnitycommunitycongregationdallasdonatedonationdriveempoweringfeedingfighting for foodfoodfood bankfood drivefood pantryfood truckfootballfort worthfungalvestongirl scoutsgirlsgivegive backgive biggive localgive local americagivinggiving backgoalgrocerygroupshigh schoolhomelesshomelessnesshoustonhungerhungryincomeinspirationjamie ratliffjobleadershiplocal youth advisory boardlyabmaking a differencemarylandmediamethodistmidlands givesmissionnational youth advisory boardneighborhoodnewnorth texasnorth texas directorntxm dfwnyabparishparticipantparticipatephiladelphiapotspovertyprayerpresbyterianpromoteprosperitypublic speakingregisterresourcesretailersrichsalvation armyschoolschoolsserveserviceservice blitzservingshareskitsslimesoupsoup kitchensoup lunchsouper bowl of caringsouper starssouperstarssouth carolinaspiritstaffstudentssuccessfulsuper bowltackle hungertackle hunger banquettacklehungergsthank youtraditiontrainingumcvideovisionvolunteervolunteeringwelcomewhere are they now